Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to configure AddAccessJSON, RemoveAccessJSON and ImportAccessJSON when using Jar Connector?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello

We have implemented a Java class for JAR connector to reconcile and provisioning accounts. it works perfectly.

Now it is time to manage the entitlement reconcile and assign/revoke to the accounts. But I am stuck at how to configure AddAccessJSON, RemoveAccessJSON and ImportAccessJSON?

Can you share an example with me?

alc_0-1693578125667.png

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @alc 

Please go through the doc- https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/JAR-v23x/page/Content/Understanding-the-Integration-between-EIC...which has the examples of the json

Thanks

Darshan

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Darshan,

Thank you very much to pick up my questions again! Really appreciate your kind help.

I have checked out the link you shared. and there is no examples for add access and remove access.

When I try it out in the system, I can see the addAccess and removeAccess is triggered and the Jar classes is executed. However, when print out the passed arguments such as accountID and entitlementID, it did not convert it to actual value with following configuration and debugging output:

{
"fullyQualifiedClassName": "com.external.connector.MyConnector",
"methodName": "addAccess",
"arguments": {
"DEBUG_MODE":"true",
"HEADER_LOGONID":"${account.accountID}",
"HEADER_entitlementID":"${entitlementValue.entitlementID}"
}
}

"2023-09-07T11:51:09.117+00:00","ecm-worker","","","","07-Sep-2023 11:51:08.423 INFO [quartzScheduler_Worker-5] com.external.connector.MyConnector.printArgumentMap My Connector.1.0: Start to print passed in arguments map object of operation addAccess_start
"
"2023-09-07T11:51:09.117+00:00","ecm-worker","","","","propertyName: DEBUG_MODE | propertyType: java.lang.String | propertyValue: true
"
"2023-09-07T11:51:09.117+00:00","ecm-worker","","","","propertyName: HEADER_LOGONID | propertyType: java.lang.String | propertyValue: ${account.accountID}
"
"2023-09-07T11:51:09.117+00:00","ecm-worker","","","","propertyName: HEADER_entitlementID | propertyType: java.lang.String | propertyValue: ${entitlementValue.entitlementID}

Thanks

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @alc 

Sorry about the miss, i thought of create account and remove account json. In jar connector we dont support add/remove access json. you can check the doc on what invoking methods are supported.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/JAR-v23x/page/Content/Invoking-Methods.htm

Thanks

Darshan

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Darshan for your reminder.

Since we must be able support add/remove access via JAR connector, I have to try it out. fortunately I figured out how to make it work. Actually the JAR Connector support it but not documented. I cannot get the accountID and entitlementID within the add/removeAccess operation, but I can get the accountName, entitlementName from the task and other attributes. so I can fulfill the request with these information.

Thanks,