Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to change Unix primary group?

taiyebur1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

How is the primary group updated for Unix accounts? The Unix connector documentation says to use Saviynt Roles (shown below). I cannot correlate this with target unix system on how the Saviynt Role is mapped to Unix primary group. Requesting for any explanation that would help me understand better. Thanks.

taiyebur1_0-1719063980942.png

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Above documentation specify how to create ldap role from saviynt role management feature 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

I am following this documentation Creating a Connection (saviyntcloud.com). Firstly, I cannot see any reference to LDAP role here. This is the unix connector documentation. Secondly, there is another part that discusses creating groups.

taiyebur1_0-1719081459836.png

Could you elaborate what you are referencing?

More importantly, the problem I am trying to solve is to assign primary group to unix accounts. I am integrating AIX servers and accounts in AIX have a primary group. Instead of assigning a default primary group, I need to assign a designated group as primary during request. How/Where would I configure that? Sample screenshot of an account and primary group below. From what the documentation says in ADD_PRIMARY_GROUP_COMMAND section, I understood it to be discussing this very thing. Is it not the same? If not, is there any solution to this?

taiyebur1_1-1719081791552.png

You need to add in ADD_PRIMARY_GROUP_COMMAND

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I have added the command. But how do I configure Saviynt to use this config? When I request group access, how do I specify which one of them is primary group?