Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How Saviynt owner details can be used in SNow plugin for ITSM workflow

Darhanba
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have Implements Saviynt plugin in ServiceNow(Saviynt App for ServiceNow) and I wanted to know how can I use Role Owner for the approval by using ServiceNow workflow. I'm not able to see the role owner details in the imported roles from Saviynt to ServiceNow.

> What are the best practices to sync the owner details of Roles/entitlements? If yes, please provide the steps or the related document.

> Is it possible to use owner details imported from Saviynt in ITSM workflow for approvals?

Thanks & Regards,

Darshan 

4 REPLIES 4

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Darhanba ,

Greetings.

Currently we do not import role owner related details from saviynt EIC to saviynt snow app, only entitlement owner details are imported. We have this as part of our future improvements to have role owner details imported as well.

For the workaround, you can map Role owner details in one of the Role's customproperties in saviynt and use it in servicenow.

Thanks, 

Regards,
Pruthvi

himanshuverma
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @pruthvi_t,

Appreciate your quick response! Could you please let me know when can we expect the future improvement related to role owner details and in which version?

As per your suggestion as a workaround, I have updated role owner details in Role's customproperty1 in saviynt and imported the data back to ServiceNow but I couldn't see any customproperty in Roles table but can see the customproperty1 value (what we have updated in Saviynt) in the payload, see below. Do I need to configure something else or is it a bug/defect?
{"syscritical":"Low","showDynamicAttrs":"false","Custom Property 1":"V0400411","version":"","role_name":"HAM | Weld Sealer | Client Access","updatedate":"2024-02-22 14:19:54","soxcritical":"Low","roleKey":15,"risk":"Low","roletype":"Enterprise","requestable":"true","status":"ACTIVE","updateuser":"231322"}

Regards,

Himanshu Verma

himanshuverma
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @pruthvi_t,

Could you please provide an update on my last query?

Regards,
Himanshu Verma

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@himanshuverma ,

Currently we do not have an ETA on the improvements.

Did you check the snow app tables to see if the data is present in there.

Thanks.

Regards,
Pruthvi