Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How can I create a role using the REST API?

ThomasL
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We're rather new to Saviynt and operate an application that defines Business Roles and assignes Entitlements (Technical Roles) to them. We treat this as an authoritive source for all role definitions

We want to push these roles from the Business Role Management Tool to Saviynt and had a look at the REST documentation: Saviynt Enterprise Identity Cloud API Reference v23.12 (getpostman.com). But there is no endpoint available for creating a role.

Is this missing documentation or is this generally not possible?
Has anyone done this before?
Where do I find documentation on this endpoint?

I have seen that the UI offeres a possibility to import role definitions from a CSV file but this sounds like a onetime story but for our use case this will be an always ongoing topic.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Below are options

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@ThomasL  - Since All the Roles creation needs a workflow to be followed for every create and update, These are segregated under Access Request -> Roles -> createEnterpriseRoles / updateEnterpriseRole

you can use these REST APIs to create or update Roles of any type. Enterprise Roles / Application Roles

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

ThomasL
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you both for the quick feedback. I'm aware that creating a role is also treated as an request but I expected the endpoint to be in the section 2.0 Identity Administration / Roles because  it is an operation for roles.

Thanks again.