Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Error while creating Email template

Rohit_Mishra
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Experts,

Need one small help, please let me know where I am doing the mistake. I am trying to create an email template...Below

Hi ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname},

A new user account has been created. Your manager is ${manager.firstname} ${manager.lastname}.
Account name: ${account_name}

The initial password is the first initial of the first name, the first initial of the last name, and the last 2 digits of the user's SSN, followed by ##xx$.
Example:
Name: John M. Smith-Hyphenated
SSN: 123-45-6789
Password: js89##xx$

Please reset your password as per the following guidelines:
* Password cannot match any of the previous 24 passwords used with the account.
* Passwords may not include more than two consecutive identical characters.
* Passwords must be at least 9 characters in length.
* Passwords must be no more than 30 characters in length.
* Passwords must contain at least 2 alphabetic characters.
* Passwords must contain at least 2 non-alphabetic characters (spaces, numerals, punctuation, and/or special characters).
* User ID cannot be part of the password.

This account has been set to expire on the EHC network based on the expiration date provided on the form and will need to be renewed 7 days prior to this date if access is still required.

Please add a note to your Outlook calendar approximately 7 days prior to the expiration date to renew this account if access is still needed. Renewal requests are submitted through the 'LogonID Access Request' database using the 'Renew Expired LogonID' request type.

NOTE: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail message. It was sent from an automated system and replies will not be answered. Thank you.

while saving it says
value resembles or contains script code, I am not sure where I am using the script code,

Please help me here we are using 24.3 version

Regards

Rohit A Mishra

4 REPLIES 4

PremMahadikar
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Rohit_Mishra ,

You are getting an error due to $ in the email.

[Saviynt Error on $: SimpleTemplateScript35.groovy: 7: illegal string body character after dollar sign;| solution: either escape a literal dollar sign "\$5" or bracket the value expression "${5}"]

• Try removing it and saving/use the template. It will work. 
  • or add backslash like \$ to make it work. I am not sure, how its printed. Please check.
  • Or if you just want dollor, convert the email to html. It will work.

If this helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Rohit_Mishra refer this post :

Solved: unable to add $ symbol in email template - Saviynt Forums - 84387

we had similar issue and we were able to resolve

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Rohit_Mishra
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for the help, @Manu269  I added \ in from of $ like \$ in body and it worked 🙂

PremMahadikar
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Rohit_Mishra,

Perfect!

If the solution works, please click on Accept As Solution on the reply (or replies) that answered your question.