Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Entitlement owner approval to a DL

DTG28
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Team,

I have 100's of entitlement where I need to add DL(distribution list) as owners  for approval, once the user request an Entitlement from ARS.

How to add the DL's  and send the approval to DL.

1. We cannot add DL as owners in entitlement until the user identity is created.
  2. Can we tackle this at email template level based on the CP of entitlements?
  3. Can you suggest me with the better approach?

Thanks,
Sam.
@

5 REPLIES 5

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @DTG28 ,

You can create UserGroups (as DL) with all the required users who should be an approver and keep that user group name in the custom property of the entitlement. In workflow using custom Assignment block with custom query you can assigned approval request to all those users using below query:

select us.userkey from usergroup_users us where us.user_groupkey = (select usergroupkey from user_groups where user_groupname in (select custompropertyXX from entitlement_values where entitlement_valuekey=${REQUESTACCESSOBJ.id}))

pmahalle_0-1689670775927.png

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

DTG28
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @pmahalle 

I will try this with some test data.

Is there any other approach where I just only have DL's not the list of users part of that DL?

Thanks.

If you don't have users/identities in Saviynt then to whom that request will be assigned for approval?

If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

DTG28
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@pmahalle 
The users records are present.

For example:
I have 4-5 entitlement.

ent1 go approval to DL1@gmail.com (I don't know the list if user in this DL which will be updated frequently)
ent2 go approval to DL2@gmail.com(I don't know the list if user in this DL which will be updated frequently)
ent3go approval to DL3@gmail.com(I don't know the list if user in this DL which will be updated frequently)
ent4 go approval to DL4@gmail.com (I don't know the list if user in this DL which will be updated frequently)

If I request ent1 from ARS can we send an email to that specific DL without using usergroups?

Hi @DTG28 ,

In approval workflow, you can assign the request to the user/identities or user group.

One thing you can do in case you just want to notify the DL. Create user/identity for each DL and assign respective email id to them. Assign DL as owner of the entitlement. It will trigger an email to DL.

But those users present under that DL can not take action. You need to login in using that user created for that user.