Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

EndPoint Dynamic Attribute display and actual value

Paul_Meyer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

For an EndPoint Dynamic Attribute, where the value query is 'single select from SQL query', can you have an enitlement displayname shown in the UI dropdown, but the actual value that is passed to the Add/Remove Access task is the selected entitlement's entitlementID?

For example:

entitlementIDentitlement_value
12345678Org A
9876543Org B

In the ARS Request Access UI "Org A" and "Org B" is listed in the Dynamic Attribute's dropdown. When "Org A" is selected and the request is submitted, the entitlementID "12345678" is passed as ${entitlementValue.entitlementID}.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Meyer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Looks like you can use a column called 'inlinedescription', but there is a bug in v5.5SP5 where the values does not display correctly in the UI.

I've used the following Dynamic Attribute Value:

select ENTITLEMENTID as ID, ENTITLEMENT_VALUE as inlinedescription from entitlement_values ev LEFT JOIN entitlement_types et ON ev.ENTITLEMENTTYPEKEY = et.ENTITLEMENTTYPEKEY LEFT JOIN securitysystems ss ON et.SYSTEMKEY = ss.SYSTEMKEY WHERE et.ENTITLEMENTNAME = '<<Entitlement Name>>' AND ss.SYSTEMNAME = '<<Security System Name>>'

Its description

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

I have tried using inlinedescription. However, in the dropdown, it shows both ID and inlinedescription in a format ID:inlinedescription. I believe its a bug, as the intention of inlinedescription to show only that in UI and keep ID in backend. I have tried this in 5.5 SP3

Paul_Meyer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

When I use :

select ENTITLEMENTID as ID, ENTITLEMENT_VALUE as description from entitlement...

The UI displays the entitlementID, followed by an 'i' icon. When you hover over the 'i' icon, the entitlement_value is displayed in a popup display.

For example:

Paul_Meyer_0-1656332325246.png

I don't want the entitlementID to show, only the entitlement_value.

The Bug ID is RQ-8097 for the 'inlinedescription' not displaying. Seems like 'inlinedescription' is not well a documented 'feature'.

select ENTITLEMENT_VALUE as ID, ENTITLEMENT_VALUE as description from entitlement_values ev LEFT JOIN entitlement_types et ON ev.ENTITLEMENTTYPEKEY = et.ENTITLEMENTTYPEKEY LEFT JOIN securitysystems ss ON et.SYSTEMKEY = ss.SYSTEMKEY WHERE et.ENTITLEMENTNAME = '<<Entitlement Name>>' AND ss.SYSTEMNAME = '<<Security System Name>>'

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.