Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

email on adding new entitlement/role

dkumar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

We want to trigger email to the entitlement owner, when a new entitlement(AD group) is added in Saviynt or when a new owner is assigned to an existing entitlement(AD group). The email should be sent to the owner of the entitlement mentioning the name of entitlement.

Also if the email is to the sent to the role owner, when a new role is created in Saviynt, what changes to be made in the email template.

Please suggest.

Thanks for any help

Deepak

13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is supported you can attached in global configurations >> Roles 

Role Owner Assignment Template
Email template to be used when a role owner is assigned

Role Owner Removal Template
Email template to be used when a role owner is removed

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

dkumar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you the providing the update.

But can you please tell where to add the templates for when an entitlement owner is added or removed.

And also when an role or entitlement is created, can we send email to owners in that case?

Thanks for any help

Deepak

How owner is added ? from Admin or ARS . as mentioned this are global config templates

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

dkumar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

The owner is added from Admin generally.

This will not trigger email notification. You can create analytics report and based on roles history logs you can send email every day.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

dkumar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Ok sure, if we try to add owner from ARS, will then email be triggered from templates added in Global config?

Also, can you also please tell how to trigger email to entitlement owner, when a owner is added to entitlement or removed?

Yes it will trigger email.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi,

Sure, yes I tested it. But when I added email in Global config under "Role Owner Assignment Template" and "Role Owner Removal Template" emails are not triggered. I have to add a workflow under Role modification to trigger email. 

But the emails are not  send to the role owners mentioned in to field and are sent to the person in cc.

I am using ${owner.email} i the to filed of email template.

Also, can you also please tell how to trigger email to entitlement owner, when a owner is added to entitlement or removed?

Deepak

It will trigger email when new role owner is added and not entitlement owner.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

dkumar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, 

The email for adding new role is getting triggered.

But when I have to delete role, email ids not getting triggered. I have also added a workflow in Global config for role removal, still request doesn't get raised on role deletion and role simply gets deleted.

Also, I want to trigger emails when a entitlement is created or deleted from ARS, please suggest how can I achieve this.

Thanks for any help.

Deepak

as mentioned once entitlement added there is no template dedicated 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

dkumar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

If we add a workflow under Role Removal workflow in Global config, the removal of roles should follow the workflow. I have added a workfow that the role deletion should go to approval.

But still on adding the workflow, the role gets inactive without the workflow been triggered or any request raised for it

Please suggest on how to solve this?

Deepak

👍Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answered your original question.

please raise new post for a new issue.

share logs and workflow and config screenshots 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak