Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Duplicate Email notification for Access Approval

Jacky
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team,

We've created a workflow for Access Approval.

Everything is working fine, except that it sends out a duplicated email for the "Notification Email Template" (Requestor). 

We have only configured the 'To' field with ${requestor.email} and blank for the 'cc' field.

This duplicate email doesn't happen with the Approver email or the Reminder email notification.

Please review and advise.

Regards,

Jacky

13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Share wf snippet

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

Please see attachment.

Regards,

JackyScreenshot 2024-02-06 115918.png

How frequent is email job is scheduled. There is no issue with workflow.  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

The email job is scheduled for every 3 mins in Dev and 5 mins in the Production environment.

This is issue. whenever there many emails is queue and queue is not completed some emails taken again. change schedule to 15 minutes and check

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi Rushikesh,

I've changed the scheduled to 15 mins. However, I am still receiving duplicated email that is two mins apart. 

Please advise if there is anything else that we can try.

Regards,

Jacky

Can you share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

chandu_k09
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Was there any resolution on this forum post? 

Even I am facing a duplicate issue after changing the TO: field to the code below

TO: <% if (user?.email.contains('_converted')) print "" else print "${manager?.email}"%>

Before this new code, it was TO: ${manager?.email} and it did not create any duplicates. 

This email is triggered by a user update run, and I can confirm it was run only once. The emails are both sent at the same time.  There are no CC, or BCC values. 

Regards,

Chandu

what was email of user 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

It is sent to a manager when a user is terminated. So far each manager has been getting the duplicate so it is happening to not just one user. 

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

1.some time syntax issue also will get mails like without cc/bcc.

2.already exiting mail in queue ,some time syntax  issue it will hold and when passed working syntax it will sent mails presnt one  and last thread mail also (i have experienced this issue )

3. try without '?' if still issue check logs may it will thrw unsupported syntax and share logs

<% if (user.email.contains('_converted')) print "" else print "${manager.email}"%>

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

chandu_k09
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Raghu, ok I will test this and update here. 

Change email job frequency 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak