Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Disassociate user account with old users, and correlate with new ones.

yusufw
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

At the beginning of the project, the client provided the wrong unique identifier for users imported from the HR system. After the users were imported, their AD accounts were correlated (user.systemusername = account.name) with the users.

Later the client provide a different HR source field to store in user.systemusername, and Saviynt needs to correlate AD accounts to the users with the new systemusername.

To do this, I made all existing users inactive and appended a string to their systemusername (i.e. 123456.OLD). Then I ran the user import job, with the systemusername sourced from the the new field.

Then I ran the AD account import job. On completion, the AD accounts are not associated with the new users. They are still associated with the old users. 

Steps following:
1. Update AD endpoint, removing the user correlation rule, and then running the AD account import job.
2. Update AD endpoint, adding back the user correlation rule, and then running the AD account import job.

After these steps the account are still associated with the old User.

What can I do to associate the AD accounts with the new users?

3 REPLIES 3

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

This is currently not supported at the connector level and we already have an enhancement for this feature. 

However, you can overwrite it using the CSV upload by enabling Overwrite User Assigned during Account Upload. Attached is the sample file for your reference 

saikanumuri_2-1677191590966.png

yusufw
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Overwriting user assignment seems broken in v 23.2

Here's how I tested it:

1. Exported an old account to .csv
  2. In the .csv, change the status to 1 and the username to point the new username.
  3. Uploaded the account and selected 'Import Now'.
  4. See import summary below Upload_Accounts_Details.png

Since the following did not change the user assigned. I uploaded the account, and selected 'Import From Job'. And it still didn't work.

Yes not working for me too

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.