Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

'Copy access' feature in endpoint

Harsha
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Team,

We are adding copy access feature for one of the application, while I was testing it I noticed it doesnt validate that the user already has particular entitlement if approver doesnt click on approve, as entitlement already exist. It creates remove access task.Is there any configuration I am missing?

Thank you,
Harsha

3 REPLIES 3

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Harsha 

Can you please share the steps you have followed so that we can replicate and confirm if this is expected behavior. I tried copy access with same entitlement, and it didn't create revoke task.

Did you also tried with approving the entitlement again which already exists ?

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Harsha
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Dhruv_S ,

Thank you for the response. I didnt try approving the entitlement that exists because in the few cases entitlement could be have been previously approved by entitlement owner and for those entitlements manager might not have right to approve I wanted to check that scenario. Even if the entitlement already exists yet manager has to approve that? Is there any way where saviynt can validate if the entiztlement exists from copied access then just add the rest of them and doesnt have to approve all the entitlement?

PS: I am asking this because few users may have 30+ entitlements then manager has to approve all 30? and then also approve copied access?

Thank you,

Harsha

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Harsha 

Documentation also mentions that the copy access will copy all the access from the other account. Hence the functionality is defined in a way that it doesn't check if that access exists.

CopyAccess.PNG

However, I didn't notice any negative impact like revoke task being created etc. when I tried to copy the access which account already have.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma