Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Body delimeter in Actionable email

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

We have deployed Actionable email template and provided Approve/Reject button in the template to the assignees when a request made.

There is a option named "Email body delimiter" under "Basic" authentication type.

Joon_2-1690944202734.png

but nothing under "Oauth"

Joon_3-1690944273705.png

AS MS has deprecated Basic auth, oAuth is the only authenticate option that we can access the mailbox through.

I have already submitted in Idea(https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4087), but seems not going forward.

Can you let me know If there's any way that we could use the option? or It should be available in a further version ?

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

What is error due to oauth ?

Email delimiter is bottleneck ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Vartak,

No error due to delimeter, I would just like to use the delimiter option in oAuth, but it seems not support...

So I was wondering If this option will be available in the future or any other way we can adopt the function to our environment?

Adding delimiter how going to help ? Incoming mail job is written by product so what is use case by adding what u trying to achieve ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

When they click the approve button, a new draft will open with their signatures which is set in the outlook profile. so the signatures will come as a comment together.

so I would like to cut the signature by body delimeter

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Joon,

This is currently not available as a parameter in the Outbox configuration for MS which requires OAuth.

Configuring Actionable Emails for Request Approvals (saviyntcloud.com)

One trick which we followed earlier, was to prefill the body with a comment that says Approved only by adding a body parameter to the mailto html tag.

href="mailto:aaa@abc.com?subject=ARS_${request.id}_APPROVED_${request.uuid}&body=Approved"

href="mailto:aaa@abc.com?subject=ARS_${request.id}_REJECT_${request.uuid}&body=Rejected"

Doing this would strip the new mail pop up of the default signature, pre-populate the body with Approved or rejects and the user can provide any type of string on the mail.

armaanzahir_0-1690966417512.png

HTML Real time online editor 

Thanks,

Armaan

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Armaan,

Thanks for your interest!
I already have the body parameter in the template but the signature comes with the body when a new draft pops up.

<a href="mailto:test-joon2@coupang.com?subject=ARS_${request.id}_APPROVED_${request.uuid}&body=Please leave a comment here If you need>

Joon_1-1691028645706.png

Does comment shown on request - Task history section ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Yes, That's the problem I want to avoid using body delimeter
below is one of the cases that default signature from Outlook mobile app comes in the comment section.

Joon_0-1691039699747.png