Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Binding Variables for endpoint display name in Application Access Request

sarasaeed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I am trying to have the email template use the Endpoint Display Name in the subject and body of the email that goes out to the approvers rather than the endpoint name.

The email template currently uses ${endpoint} - this works and it pulls the endpoint name. However, when I try ${endpointDisplayName} or ${endpoint.DisplayName} the email does not go out at all for approval.

I went through Creating and Managing Email Templates (saviyntcloud.com) but could not find any other tag relating to the field I'd like displayed in the Approval email.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thank you @rushikeshvartak this was very helpful. However, the binding variable that comes up is one I've already tried below.  I updated the subject and body to use ${endpointDisplayName} as per screenshot below but the template is still using the endpoint name rather than the endpoint display name that is in the endpoint set up.

list of variables:

sarasaeed_0-1707338106934.png

email template set up:

sarasaeed_1-1707338253718.png

Endpoint set up:

sarasaeed_2-1707338290354.png

Email that went out:

sarasaeed_3-1707338352159.png

Please let me know what else I can try.

Use above code in email body and share responses based on it i will suggest variable. As i am not sure where is email template attached 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

nothing pops up when I copy and paste this into the email body.

sarasaeed_0-1707340930388.png

When I click on help and search by endpoint, I get the list below:

sarasaeed_1-1707340980336.png

Regards,
Sara Saeed

Where did you attached this template ?

once email body is updated trigger email template

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sarasaeed validate it via adding it WF and raise the request.

You shud be able to view the attributes exposed as part of variables shared by rushi.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos