Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Automatically assign dymanic attributes when a user requests and entitlement

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

Is there a way to automatically assign dynamic attributes when a user requests an entitlement?

My use case is for SAP out of the box connector Parameters. When an entitlement is requested need to also assign dynamic attributes which would be mapped to PARAMETER values in the update account json of the SAP OOTB connector. Is this possible?

13 REPLIES 13

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@aundreb  you can use endpoint level default query to get the value and set column name in account table custom properties  then map in connector like ${account?.customproperty3}, i believe you got my point

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi CR,

Where is the endpoint level default query set? Looking at the endpoint I only see Access Query, Entitlement filter query, Service Account query and Change password query. 

The account table properties portion makes sense and setting it on the connector. How do you use the endpoint level query to get the values at entitlement assignment time?

have dynamic attrbitte na, need create it and save cp.

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi CR,

I'm not following you, are you able to provide a more detailed response with steps to achieve the use case? What would I need to configure and where?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

We have created application role combination of entitlement and parameters entitlement type to achieve this use case.

rushikeshvartak_0-1708530937420.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Rushikesh,

Did you have to manually create the entitlements for parameters since SAP parameters don't get imported through a SAP reconciliation?

How do the parameter entitlements get assigned from the connector. My understanding is that you can only set parameters via the PARAMETERS{} section of the json. Are you able to share a sample of your create or update account json in the SAP connector with setting parameters?

Yes you need to create manually entitlement type and import.

Entitlement Type Name = Parameters

rushikeshvartak_0-1708545003751.png

We are not passing as part of JSON. We are requesting as as a entitlement type it get assigned

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Interesting, so the SAP OOTB connector is smart enough to assign parameters correctly in a SAP endpoint if you create the Entitlements and entitlement type as Parameters? 

yes we are using from last 6 years

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Awesome, much appreciated Rushikesh, I'll give this a try. This should definitely be added to the SAP connector docs.

Here are screenshot from past 

rushikeshvartak_0-1708546401157.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hey Rushikesh,

Question for you. Did you run into a scenario where a parameter value needed to be dynamic? For example if Entitlement X needs to be a value of Value1 or Value2 depending on some sort of criteria. Is there a way to leverage dynamic values via like variables or something in the Access portion?

Our parameters are tied with application role. Based on entitlement you can do as entitlement mapping 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak