Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Auto increment account name rule using advanced query

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to have an account name rule that, if the generated value is duplicated, appends an incremental number in the account name before the domain.

I tried the following syntax for the first rule (and it works correctly):

concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '@',(select ds.attribute1 from dataset_values ds where ds.datasetname='EmailDomains' and ds.attribute2 = users.customproperty2))

but if I try to add a second rule with an incremental value appended before the mail domain like:

concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '@',(select ds.attribute1 from dataset_values ds where ds.datasetname='EmailDomains' and ds.attribute2 = users.customproperty2))#concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '01', '@',(select ds1.attribute1 from dataset_values ds1 where ds1.datasetname='EmailDomains' and ds1.attribute2 = users.customproperty2))

When the connector evaluates the second rule, it fail to parse it, even though the query is almost identical. There is no error, simply the provisioning task is generated with an account name equals to the query itself:

JustSalva_1-1656946571850.png

Am I missing something?

Kind regards,

Matteo

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you added separator as ### 

Can you share full account name rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yes, I tried with both # and ### as separator;

The full account name rule is the second one I posted:

concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '@',(select ds.attribute1 from dataset_values ds where ds.datasetname='EmailDomains' and ds.attribute2 = users.customproperty2)) ###concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '01', '@',(select ds1.attribute1 from dataset_values ds1 where ds1.datasetname='EmailDomains' and ds1.attribute2 = users.customproperty2))

the second query seems to work only without the select query (that is required though).

Matteo

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I've tried various configurations but none is successfull:

concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname,users.customproperty10) # concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '1',users.customproperty10)

or 

concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname,users.customproperty10) ### concat(users.firstname, '.' , users.lastname, '1',users.customproperty10)

Yield the following result:

JustSalva_0-1657208908617.png

configuring the same rule using the basic configuration instead, exploiting the auto increment field yield an account name that overrides the second letter of the attribute10 value with the counter (screenshot below, the attribute starts with "@C" and instead I see "@1" in the name):

JustSalva_1-1657209766053.png

JustSalva_3-1657210107859.png

is there a way to make this pretty simple use case work? the account name rule seems to have a buggy behavior

Hello @JustSalva ,

I do see an open defect titled "Account name rule fails to evaluate the second condition with the advanced query" which was reported recently and is still open.

Based on the information in this thread it does seem that this is related. I will provide ypu an update when this issues gets fixed.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

himanshu_verma
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @JustSalva ,

Did you get a solution for your desired output?

Hi @avinashchhetri ,

Any update on the open defect titled "Account name rule fails to evaluate the second condition with the advanced query"?

I am having a similar scenario where Account name rule is not generating unique DN in case of duplicated users.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,

Himanshu Verma