Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Assigning default dynamic attribute multiselect as per role selection

tpawle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Team,

We have a requirement to create a disconnected application where we want to filter and add dynamic attributes based on selection of any particular role. The use-case consists of following configuration already developed and need help to proceed:

Role Types: Branch Manager, CEO, Reporter,etc. 

Dynamic attribute 1: Region: New York, New Jersey, etc.

Dynamic attribute 2: Branch present on these regions. The sample mapping is shown below:

Requirement: We want the end user upon selection of role type as branch manager, ceo,etc to get assigned to the default regions and their respective branches. Additionally users can add other regions/branches upon their requirement.

So far, i am able to populate both their multi-select region and branch but for the role type i am not able to get the idea on how to achieve it.

tpawle_0-1700225441928.png

Regions Branches
New York:Upper Manhattan 116th Street
New York:Bronx 149th Street
New York:Lower Manhattan 14th Street
Florida:SFL South Aventura
Florida:SFL Downtown Brickell
Florida:SFL South

Coral Gables

2 REPLIES 2

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @tpawle 

If you want to map region (Dynamic attribute1) and branch (Dynamic attribute 2) based on the selection of Roletype, it is possible if Roletype and region has parent-child attribute relationship

In that case, you need to create a 3rd dynamic attribute Roletype and map the region as a child attribute whose value will be selected in SQL Query based on the dynamic value of ${Roletype}.

The attribute mapping should be like this.
Roletype (Parent DA)--> Region(child DA)
Region (Parent DA)--> Branch (child DA)

If this mapping doesn't exist, then you can create 3 dynamic attributes but all of them has to be selected manually by the user. No automatic value will be assigned based on role type.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

tpawle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the idea @Dhruv_S .

Let me try this and will get back to you soon.