Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

ANALYTICSDATA in To of Email template

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Folks,

I tried to send an email to the user that I got from a Report. Below is a sample how I've done.

Analytics : select u.username as 'username', u.email, u.employeetype, u.startdate, u.enddate from users u where u.username like 'cp006184'

Template :

To: ${ANALYTICSDATA.'email'[0]}

But It won't be triggering the template unless I add ${userEmail} to CC or To

Is there any way that I can use ${Analyticsdata.*} in To instead of using ${userEmail} for this case ?

2 REPLIES 2

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Joon ,

If you want to send the email to a user from analytics, please proceed as following :

• Your SQL Query must contain a column called "username" which will be the target of the email to be sent.
  • The email template "To" must have the following value : ${userEmail} as it will pull the email from the identity's username above.
  • The Analytic report must have the "Email Template" attribute set to the email name to be sent.

Notes :

• ANALYTICSDATA variable is used to pull the rest of the data.
  • You can hide the "username" column if that is not relevant to display when creating / updating the analytic report.

Hope this helps !

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star
  • The Email template assigned to the control should contain ${userEmail} in the TO field and ${ANALYTICSDATA.<columnname-with-valid-email>} can be added in CC/BCC field.

For more information about managing email templates, see Creating and Managing Email Templates.

• The query should include the username column or any column which contains a valid email id.
    Sample Query:

SQL
    select u.username, u.firstname as 'First Name', u.lastname as 'Last Name',(select

Follow below links for some sample:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Creati...

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.