Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Active Directory Connector check if account has entitlement assigned to update attribute

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Is it possible to check if a user has a specific entitlement assigned in the update account json of the AD OOTB Connector?

Use Case: Want to set proxy address only if a user has an entitlement assigned.

Example:

"proxyAddresses": ${if(user?.username.startsWith('xt') && entitlement = "entitlementname) {'""'} else{'["smtp:'+user.username+'@domain","smtp:'+user.username+'@domain.mail.onmicrosoft.com","smtp:'+user.email+'"]'}}

10 REPLIES 10

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HI @aundreb , I doubt you can do something like this in JSON.

AmitM_0-1708799055570.png

But you can either use a dynamic attribute or update account cp by other means (all accounts with that entitlement will have a CP set) and use that in JSON.

Thanks,

Amit

If this answers your query, Please ACCEPT SOLUTION and give KUDOS.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

How can I achieve auto setting a custom property for all accounts that have the entitlement using a dynamic attribute?

Below is my current query, however it doesn't seem to fill out the custom property I set, customproperty26 automatically. Is there another step you need to do after setting the dynamic attribute in order to get it filled out for all accounts that receive or have the entitlement?

aundreb_0-1708965188374.png

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Update Account has account object exposed. Hence its not supported.

Workaround for above issue is create actionable analytics based on it trigger update account task.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Rushikesh,

I have an actionable analytic already triggering an update account when the entitlement is assigned however I need a way to validate from the AD update account json that the user now has the entitlement and set the proxy address attribute.

Use enhanced query to update one of the accounts customproperty of account and accordingly update proxy address 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Rushikesh,

Do you have an example of how/where to do the enhanced query to update the customproperty and is there any documentation on it?

Sample

select accountkey as accounts__primarykey,1 as accounts__customproperty31 where accountkey=1111 limit 1 

documentation

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter10-Job-Control-Panel/Job-Cat...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Where do I configure this in Saviynt? Is this an Analytic? If so what actionable analytic option would update an account's custom property.

1. Navigate to Admin -> Job Control Panel
  2. Click on “+Add New Job”.

Attribute

Value

Job Name

EnhancedQuery_Update_Manual

Job Type

Enhanced Query Execution

Operation

Update

Rollback on failure

ON

Description

Application Tile Logos

Select Query

select accountkey as accounts__primarykey,1 as accounts__customproperty31 where accountkey=1111 limit 1 

1. Click on create Job.
  2. Run Job manually.
  3. Run both Microservices Job to update configuration of logo on application tile.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@aundreb  @rushikeshvartak  Hi Both ,

I have a similar requirement here. I am able to update the CP for account with Enhanced SQL query task. But my question is how to set next attribute based on the value we set using Enhanced SQL Query. will it provision the changes in target ?

I have updated the CP25 for accounts as Licensed(using Enhanced query(. Now the extensionattribute1 for AD has to be updated as "Member" if CP25 is Licensed if not as 'Guest". If yes what steps I have to follow to achieve this ? I need the extensionattribute1  to be updated in AD also.

Thanks.