Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Discontinue the pending task for a application

DTG28
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Team,

I need to discontinue a task using provisioning(WSretry) can we do that?

If yes, Can you suggest me the steps.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I have use case where I need to use dynamic attributes, 

Default :
>Display Name
>Title
>Manager
>Email
>Phone Number

User will not be in Saviynt. I have used workflows and email templates and got the task created and on task create, I am sending email to application team. Now I need to discontinue the task.

3 REPLIES 3

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @DTG28 ,

Can you please elaborate on why do you need to discontinue the pending tasks? Also, are you facing any issues with discontinuing the tasks from the UI? You can go to "ARS Home page > Tasks > Pending Tasks > Filter the tasks for a specific endpoint > click on Actions > Discontinue All tasks" to discontinue the pending tasks from UI.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

DTG28
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I want to fire an email after approval and discontinue the task.
I am not asking about manual process.

To fire an email after approval, you can configure the email notification in the "Grant Access" block of the workflow. 

ProvisioningJob (WSRetry) is only to provision the pending tasks. This cannot be used to discontinue the tasks. If it is a disconnected application, you can still configure the provisioningJob to complete the pending task in Saviynt. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.