PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

AD Full User Import takes same time as AD Incremental User Import

yogesh2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We have observed that full user import takes same time as incremental user import.

Is there some specific configuration that we need to have on AD connector to make the incremental import work correctly? Because right now it seems to be doing same exact stuff as the full import.

Below are the job logs and both are taking half an hour.

yogesh2_0-1723188120685.png

yogesh2_1-1723188132149.png

4 REPLIES 4

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Please refer to the documentation for the configurations for incremental and full import job and connection.

Active Directory Integration Overview (saviyntcloud.com)

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

yogesh2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have already gone through the documentation and there is no mention of what exact configurations are required for incremental import to work properly.

I have tried mapping ADs whenChanged attribute to users UPDATEDATE column but that doesn't help either:

UPDATEDATE::whenChanged#customDate--yyyyMMddHHmmss.'0Z',

as well as 

UPDATEDATE::whenChanged#date,

stalluri
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@yogesh2 

Can you share the user import Json here along with the job screenshot here.

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yogesh2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

for incremental import to work properly you have to map both user attributes (why is this not documented in the connector page?):

UPDATEDATE::whenChanged#customDate--yyyyMMddHHmmss.'0Z',
CREATEDATE::whenCreated#customDate--yyyyMMddHHmmss.'0Z',

but this is undesired in our case as we have multiple sources for the user import and each will try to update these fields and will cause lots of updates in user update history.

In my opinion this should not be a requirement, saviynt should apply these filters to get the users from target system, why are we required to write these values to user profile?

I have created an Idea for this:
https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-6143