Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Deleting accounts from Active Directory which are Inactive

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We have a requirement where Saviynt is expected to delete such accounts from Active Directory which have been inactive for a period of 30 days.

AD connector documentation provides an attribute on the connection object by the name REMOVEACCOUNTACTION. It also mentions the following line - 
removeAction: Use this attribute to set the action to be performed when accounts are removed. When you do not set to DELETE, the connector performs a hard delete (permanent removal) of account at Active Directory.

The above line says - "when you do not set to DELETE". I have a few questions :

1. What should we then set the removeAccount attribute to if we have to perform the hard delete of AD account ?

2. I checked and found that there is NO option available in the User Update Rules where I can specify the Action as Delete Account
BUT
There is an option available in the analytics section where I can specify the Action as Delete Account. But, will Saviynt actually generate a Delete Account task for Inactive Accounts ? Because I have also seen this functionality that Saviynt does not generate any task for Inactive Accounts.

Appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
Varun

Who Me Too'd this topic