Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How do I configure session recording for Privileged Sessions in RDP?

angelpantoja
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, 

Im looking to configure session recording for RDP in our CPAM. However, the documents that are out there do not seem to cover this topic. Where are the step by step instructions to configure this functionality in our CPAM tenant? Below are links I have already read through but they are more based around how to view them not configure this feature. 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/CPAM-Admin-Guide-v23x/page/Content/F-Manage-PAM-Session/View-Ma...

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/CPAM-Admin-Guide-v23x/page/Content/F-Manage-PAM-Session/View-Ma...

15 REPLIES 15

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@angelpantoja Thanks for posting your question. Session recording of Privileged Sessions is enabled by default and does not need any configuration for enablement. 

Thanks,

Nagesh K

So how do I control what servers I want to session record etc? I don’t see any sessions being recorded now for any CPAM users. How would they RDP via saviynt? 

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@angelpantoja As of now there is a config which can enable/disable video recording for all of the RDS Sessions. It cannot be configured for individual Windows endpoints. Also, this change will require a FD ticket. 

For viewing recorded sessions, please launch a windows session and then navigate to Control Center -> Manage PAM Sessions and find the session that is launched. You can then hover your mouse on the record and click on "view session details". This will show you the live/past recordings of the rdp sessions

Thanks

Nagesh K

Thank you for the help. What is an FD ticket? is this a way to get this feature enabled? Currently, I do not see the option to "view session details". I feel like I'm missing something here. 

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@angelpantoja It sounds like you may not have the associated SAV Role to view the "Manage PAM Sessions" page. You need to have PAM Owner SAV Role to be able to view that page under Control Center. Please check if you have this SAV Role.

And, as I mentioned before, recording is enabled by default and does not need any ticket. Only when you are trying to disable session recordings, you will need to open a FD ticket (FD = FreshDesk. This is where customers open support tickets).  

Thanks

Nagesh K

angelpantoja
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have all the PAM permissions including PAM Owner SAV role. When I go to the Manage PAM sessions page I don't get those options. I attached a general screenshot of what I see. 

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@angelpantoja Thanks for sharing the screenshot. The session given in the screenshot is a credential session which gets triggered outside of Saviynt. So, "view session details" is not applicable here. Do you have any credentialless accounts on this endpoint? If yes, you can launch one session and for that session you will see the option of "view session details"

Thanks,

Nagesh K

angelpantoja
New Contributor
New Contributor

I dont believe we have credential-less accounts. That's the level of detail I was hoping to get from the documents. How do I go about setting that up specific to RDP session recording? 

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@angelpantoja I also see in your screenshot that you have checked out credential of an AD Account. Have you onboarded any windows servers so far to saviynt? And where are your windows servers located? On-prem Or in one of the cloud platforms? You will have to onboard the windows servers to saviynt first, to be able to launch privilege sessions from Saviynt. 

If you have further questions, I suggest you join SME hours call to discuss. 

Thanks

Nagesh K

angelpantoja
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

this is the level of detail I’m requesting for in order to enable session recording. Do you  have the prerequisite documentation for this? I’m hoping I have step by step instructions on how to do this. I’m having a difficult time finding this level of detail. 

Than you for that but I have on perm AD servers already connected and onboarded. Do you know where I can find a diagram for this? maybe that would help.

Hi @angelpantoja ,

please refer below link which has instructions on how to integrate Active Directory.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/CPAM-Admin-Guide-v23x/page/Content/E-Onboard-Target-Endpoint/On...

Regards,
Vikas J V

If this reply answers your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users with similar problems.

angelpantoja
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just got the remote app featured turned on in my tenants. How do I launch a recorded session as a user? 

vikasjv
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @angelpantoja ,

All the credentialless sessions will be recorded by default.
Please refer to the document below for reference.
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/CPAM-Admin-Guide-v23x/page/Content/F-Manage-PAM-Session/Monitor...

Regards,
Vikas J V

If this reply answers your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users with similar problems.