Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Does saviynt support rotation of connection credentials for different type of connections?

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Team,

Wanted to understand if saviynt can support rotation of connection credentials for different type of connections like GCP, AD, AzureAD, DB, REST etc and update the connection with latest credentials?

I know currently saviynt supports rotation of vault token and also rotation of connection credentials when the endpoints are bootstrapped .

But this use case is entirely different these endpoints/connections are not PAM enabled but we are just trying to store the connection credentials in CPAM Vault. In this scenario we want to understand if saviynt can automatically rotate the credentials before expiry and update the connections with latest password.

Currently though we are storing the connection credentials to CPAM Vault we had to manually update the credentials whenever they are expired hence looking for way to automate this process

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.
4 REPLIES 4

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @sk 

Please refer to below post and existing idea if the requirement is similar. 

Re: AzureAD connector Secret ID rotation - Saviynt Forums - 79602

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-5508 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

@Dhruv_S : Inshort it is not supported currently and need an enhancement is it?

Shared IDEA is very specific to AzureAD but my is in general for all types of connections. May be I will open another IDEA for this.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

It is currently not supported for all applications. Yes- please submit idea.

Submitted a new IDEA# EIC-I-5688 to handle all types of connections

Regards,
Saathvik