Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Why to use / Where to use / How to use the Role Types

ShyamSrisailam
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Hi,

I had a requirement to make document on this and then see which can be implemented for future use.

I need information on Role types which are below

Enabler Role
     For this role type I have referred below guide link but I have question. Does this role type is used only to create AD Groups from Saviynt to target (Ex: AD) or does it can also request users to provision this role to target ? if yes, How.

Transactional Role
    I don't know what this role type does but I can see only one line answer which is 
( The transactional role type is a tag and does not have any real significance.) but not getting what it does. Please let me know what this role does and where to request.

Application Role
   In which tile do we need to request this Application Role. Is it in "Request Enterprise Role" itself ?

Entitlement Role
   I have referred the below doc but I have some questions.
      1.  Does this Entitlement role is used for creating for ex: AD Group from Saviynt to target or we can also request users for provision those groups from Saviynt to target. If yes, How ?
      2. Where to request the Entitlement roles. let me know the document or steps to request.?

* Enterprise Role:
       I have added one Saviynt Entitlement to Enterprise Roles. Now I am requesting that Enterprise Role through ARS after all the Approvals it has to create a task but the task it self is not getting created for this. Is there any reason for this to happen or do I need to enable any option ?

ShyamSrisailam_0-1665647888355.png

Let me know if you have any questions

If you have prepared a document on this then please share it here. It would much helpful.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shyam
Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud
6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431785-creating-roles

• Enabler - AD Group creation only 
  • Application Role - Under ARS - Request for self / others / Multi user (Used when application having entitlement from same application)
  • Entitlement Role - AD Nested Group management  , it is part of create role tile Once role is approved and group created in AD it will create entitlement under application which can be requested by user . This roles are not directly requestable but entitlement created with same are requestable from ars
  • Enterprise role - Used when entitlement from more than one application to he granted (should be used from enterprise role tile as best practices) Does role have entitlement with active status ?
  • Transactional - Label ( Can be used in ARS not a best practices)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

Thanks for the response!

Entitlement Role: I'll test on this and post the update here

Enterprise Role: YesEntitlement added in Role is in Active state and Role which I was requesting are in Active Status. Attached the same in below Screenshot

- Entitlement which is added in the Roles

ShyamSrisailam_0-1665659445010.png

- Role which is requesting thorough ARS

ShyamSrisailam_1-1665659534573.png

Thanks,

Shyam

Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud

Please check if user already have entitlement .

if not share workflow wiring & role to entitlement screenshot & showing role type 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

* No User doesn't have any entitlement

Workflow using for Add Roles

ShyamSrisailam_0-1665677621948.png

- Role Type

ShyamSrisailam_0-1665689151512.png

Role to Entitlement

ShyamSrisailam_1-1665689221999.png

FYI: The Role is in the latest version.

ShyamSrisailam_2-1665689349596.png

Thanks,

Shyam

Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud

Tasks does not trigger due to following one of the below reason

• Entitlement status is not active 
  • Existing pending tasks for same entitlement & account exists in Pending tasks.
  • Tasks created but since entitlement already assigned to account status of tasks is no action required.
  • Entitlement having start date or end date 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

ShyamSrisailam
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

Enterprise Role:

The task is getting generated now by changing following option in Endpoint --> Entitlement Type

ShyamSrisailam_1-1666174549971.png

Before the entitlement type value was None Now I changed it to None (Create Task) By changing this option the task is creating after the request

Thanks,

Shyam

Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud