Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Update Request Form - Hiding Fields on Form Load

aalvarez_mk
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Building a form and have a dropdown as the initial group. Looking to hide all other fields, and selectively show them based on choice in the dropdown. I setup the parent-child relationship, and have SHOW/HIDE working once they make a choice in the dropdown, but I need all other fields to be hidden UNTIL they make a choice. I tried HIDE###<FIELD>###Select___ but that doesn't work. Any ideas on how to initially hide all other fields until choice is made on ENUM parent?

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

What is Attribute type ? Checkbox/Single Select etc

Please share screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

aalvarez_mk
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Parent (UserAction) - ENUM

Child 1 (PhoneNumber) - String

Child 2 (MobileNumber) - String

Child 3 (TermFlag) - ENUM

Screen attached.

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@aalvarez_mk - I think this will help.

1. Introduce a new value to the UserAction - as "Select" - Select, Updation, Termination
  2. Make the value "Select" as the Default Value for the ENUM Drop Down.
  3. Now use the HIDE###<FIELD>###Select___ for all the fields. 

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

I've tried that previously and it does not work. It does set the new option as the default, but the other fields do not start hidden. Attaching UserAction config, Form view on initial load, table options (not preferred to have Select twice since it ships with Select as a standard field already).

When you make a different selection and go back to the second Select (initial value that is set) it does hide the fields.