Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Update user request

Jaya
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi All,

We are allowing managers to use Update user request tile in Saviynt to update user attributes.

But noticed a issue here - managers are able to see themself in the request and are able to update their profile. So please advise how to avoid this.

Jaya_0-1702043689194.png

Though in the SAV Role we have selected below option-

Jaya_2-1702043873397.png

Thanks
Jaya Karothia
7 REPLIES 7

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Jaya did you check this article : Access Controls (saviyntcloud.com)

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Jaya
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Manish,

Option mentioned in mentioned link are not available in non-EIC version. Below are the available options-

Jaya_0-1702049525819.png

Can we write some advance query so it will dynamically pick manager's reportees.

Thanks
Jaya Karothia

@Jaya : You can use advanced config what options and opt JSON option with below config to control the list of users to show only user direct reportees.

[{"for":"UpdateUserRequest","query":"select a from Users a where a.manager=${users.id}"}]

For details refer this KBA Article 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Jaya
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @sk @rushikeshvartak 

Have tried this query but still that shows my name in update request.

[{"for":"UpdateUserRequest","query":"select a from Users a where a.manager=${users.id}"}]

And rushikesh, these accesses are already not present.

Thanks
Jaya Karothia

You can restrict and auto reject in workflow if RequestedFor eq RequestedBy in if-else block

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@Jaya : Okay I missed this part when you use advanced option then it work as below.

Request for self + for the users retrieved from advanced filter

So whatever query I provided will limit the users to direct reportees of logged in user, But Request for Self (is brining the his own ID). 

Only option I can think of is handle it in workflow in such a way that if update user request is submitted for his own id then reject the request.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Remove the update user webservice from sav role

rushikeshvartak_0-1702092761109.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.