Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Update user Bussiness Unit from UI failling

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

i've got an issue everytime i try to update a users from th UI as an admin (V23.3).

Hsoumare_1-1690396553791.png

the update is not taken and i'm getting an error screen :

Hsoumare_0-1690396481862.png

it is working fine with the same configuration on staging environment. the list of organization is already loaded and exist and we have this workflow on the global configuration: 

Hsoumare_2-1690396656629.png

thanks for your help.

Regards

Harouna

16 REPLIES 16

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Hsoumare ,

Are you using the same approval workflow in Dev env? Any exceptions in logs, share the logs.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

hello pmahalle,

Yes i'm using the same on staging environment (used the transport feature for that) :

below the logs i've found :

[Attached log file "logs.txt edited to mask PII info by moderator. Note: Please make sure to mask any PII info from posts and log file attachements ]

Hi @Hsoumare ,

Exception in processing dynamic attribute jobFamily:\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-07-26T16:57:21.795753494Z"}"
"ecm","2023-07-26T16:57:22.647+00:00","{"log":"groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: managerform for class: SimpleTemplateScript15\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-07-26T16:57:21.795764776Z"}"

jobFamily and managerform  are the dynamic attribute name? Are you using those attribute inside workflow?

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

yes jobFamily and managerform are dynamic attributes used on the Register User Form (global configuration but they are not used on the WF.

Hsoumare_0-1690398977977.png

Hi @Hsoumare ,

Can you try by removing Default value query of jobFamily dynamic attribute.

What is user's column specified for managerform Dynamic attribute ? can you give screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

hi @pmahalle 

iv'e tried by removing it but still got the same error.

Regards

Harouna

@Hsoumare , You can also try by attaching simple workflow in global configuration instead of using the complex one. Make sure not to use OOTB one.

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@pmahalle ,

yes will try that but it is still not explaining why it is working on staging the configuration of both are aligned.

Regards

Harouna

Regards

Harouna SOUMARE

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@pmahalle  

I dont think the problem is coming from dynamic attributes as if a change the congig to auto approve it is working :

Hsoumare_0-1690399977208.png

i have pinged the workflow also.

Regards

Harouna SOUMARE

@Hsoumare ,

Thats what I wanted to check, some time workflow added through Tranport cause issue. 

Can you do one thing, make some changes in the existing workflow , send for approval. Approve it and try again.

@Hsoumare , If above approach not worked, create copy of that workflow, attach and try.

Hi @Hsoumare Is it working now?

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @pmahalle,

its still not worked, at the moment i'm refactoring the workflow to check if there is any issu on it. the topic is still oongoing.

Regards

Harouna

Hi @Hsoumare 

Try by create new workflow similar like other environment where it is working and validate.

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @pmahalle 

i've already done it but still the same issue. I'm wondering if it is not coming from a bug on the environment itself we got an incident for that : 

1649749 : Can't update user organisation, error "Request not created, neither workflow nor auto approve selected »

it can maybe came from a bacjend custom jar error.

Regards

Harouna