Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

update rule logic

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Saviynt Team,

we have a use case, where I want to use the logic  "is not updated" in the update rule. however, I couldn't find "Is updated" is there but "is not updated" there. 

we have populated the current date in CP62 and I want to set up an update rule where I want to add the logic 

"CP62 is not updated CP62"

could you please let me know if it is possible to use that one, if so how?

6 REPLIES 6

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Could you please explain the business use case here?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

@navneetv : Would you be able to explain the scenario where you updating cp62? 

Also Is it possible to use CP62 is null logic?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @sk @dgandhi 

we have populated the current date to CP62 by adding modify-JSON in the workday connection.

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET customproperty62 = now()"

Now we want to add the logic, that if CP62 is not updated. Genreally it gets the current date every day when the workday runs and the user is in Feed. And CP62 is not updated when HR rescinds the profile.

So I want to create the logic where we will be notified if profile CP62 is not updated with the current date. that would happen when HRrescinds the profile 

navneetv_0-1696915585281.png

CP62 will have a date. it would not be blank(null) . 

@navneetv : I haven't tried this but can you try using Advanced Config and use negated condition something like below

!(###customproperty62 isupdated ###)

Or actually you can try below as well

DATE_FORMAT(customproperty62, "%m-%d-%y") < DATE_FORMAT(sysdate(), "%m-%d-%y")

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

After your user import is done, write one Sav to Sav which will compare CP62 value with current date, if it matches then no action needed , if it doesnt match then update cp62 with"Rescind_Date"

Write one user update rule with condition like Cp62 is updated and cp62 like 'Rescind"

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

First of all thankyou guys for checking and working on it.

HI @dgandhi could you please share the condition which can be added to SavtoSav connection, I tried all the way but nothing has worked

hi @sk I tested these two conditions, that you have provided. it is not working