Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Update custom property when user not in file

aalvarez_mk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I have a requirement to onboard a view into Saviynt using a DB connection. The view will have a single field (ties to username). The view is not authoritative for identity creation/management. If a user is in the view, we need to provision access to an AD group. If they are removed from the view, we should remove the AD group. I have tried creating a new connection and setting a user import to set a custom property which can be used in a rule for provisioning access. That works as expected. However, I don't know how to clear the custom property if they no longer show up in the view. Possibly using modifyuserdatajson?

Or possibly a change of approach may be warranted. Any assistance would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@aalvarez_mk : Yes you have to use inline preprocessor logic which goes to MODIFYUSERDATAJSON.

Sample JSON: Here CUSTOMPROPERTYxx is attribute you are updating with user is coming from VIEW so replace it with appropriate CP.

{
    "ADDITIONALTABLES": {
        "USERS": "SELECT USERNAME,CUSTOMPROPERTYxx FROM USERS",
    },
    "COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
        "CUSTOMPROPERTYxx",
    ],
    "TABLEINDEXES": {
        "CURRENTUSERS": [
            "USERNAME"
        ],
        "NEWUSERDATA": [
            "USERNAME"
        ]
    },
    "PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
        "UPDATE CURRENTUSERS CU LEFT JOIN NEWUSERDATA NU ON CU.USERNAME = NU.USERNAME SET CU.CUSTOMPROPERTYxx='' WHERE NU.USERNAME IS NULL and CU.CUSTOMPROPERTYxx IS NOT NULL"
    ]
}

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

aalvarez_mk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you so much. I will give this a try and confirm here.

Saathvik,

Tried using the UPDATE CURRENTUSERS but it was not successful. I'm not sure the currentusers allows updating user data, and is just a temporary table for access. I modified the original query to filter a user who exists in the view, and their data was not modified.