Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unable to upload Bulk Enterprise roles

IGAQ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello All,

I am trying to upload Enterprise Role through UI , Its failing with "red screen error - unexpected error", I have attached csv file as well, any idea what i am missing ?

Logs

=======

2024-03-27T22:43:10-05:00-ecm-services.RoleversionService-http-nio-8080-exec-24-8trvz-ERROR-Problem occured while uploading role-associations -- null

2024-03-27T22:43:10-05:00-ecm-errors.GrailsExceptionResolver-http-nio-8080-exec-24-8trvz-ERROR-UnexpectedRollbackException occurred when processing request: [POST] /ECM/roles/uploadRoleTcodes

2024-03-27T22:43:10-05:00-ecm--null-8trvz--Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only. Stacktrace follows:

2024-03-27T22:43:10-05:00-ecm--null-8trvz--org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only at com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.controllers.RolesController$_closure160.doCall(RolesController.groovy:8051) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:155) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer sample

rushikeshvartak_1-1711598528124.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

IGAQ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you @rushikeshvartak for the response.

For Enterprise Role - Security System and Endpoint is mandatory ?

No. Its for entitlement underline Enterprise role

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

IGAQ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello @rushikeshvartak I have tried your file without SS and EP, still its failing, file also attached.

IGAQ_0-1711636104093.png

Please share logs and also confirm 

rushikeshvartak_0-1711637212752.png

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Impor...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @IGAQ ,

Use bulk upload option using below steps and check once.

1. Navigate to Request Home --> Request Access for Others - Multi Users -->Actions -->Bulk Upload Request.

2. Browse and attach the excel file. Attached the sample file (do not change the format of the file) to assign enterprise roles, update it with your data.

3. Select "What type of request do you want to upload?" : Access

4. Click Run Now.

pmahalle_0-1711637388182.png

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

@pmahalle  This is role creation from Admin and not adding roles to user

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@rushikeshvartak Ohh okay. Since subject line is Bulk upload the enterprise roles I thought to bulk assignment of roles to user.

@IGAQ Can you share the steps you followed to upload the roles?

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

IGAQ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello @pmahalle - Created sample file with roles - uploaded here -> Identity Repository -> Roles -> role upload via Role managent -> uploaded the file.

Now I am seeing another issue - if my file has 10 records it only creates first record as enterpriserole

Thanks,

You have to use Upload Role Associations option

rushikeshvartak_0-1712029716454.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak