Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unable to run UserImportJob from Postman

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I'm trying to run a UserImportJob from postman but getting 500 internal server error, which means there's an error internally in Saviynt.

Does saviynt not support running these types of Jobs from API? I can run wsretry and many other jobs but not this one:

URL: {{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/runJobTrigger
METHOD: POST

Body

{
    "jobgroup": "DATA",
    "jobname": "UserImportJob",
    "triggername": "SaviyntManaged_SAV4SAV_UserImport",
    "createJobIfDoesNotExist": "false",
    "valueMap": {
        "connectiontype": "REST",
        "connectionname": "SaviyntManaged_UserImport_SAV4SAV",
        "connectionid": "48",
        "fullorincremental": "full",
        "userNotInFeedAction": "NOACTION",
        "userOperationsAllowed": "UPDATE",
        "zeroDayProvisioning": "false",
        "generateSystemUsername": "false",
        "generateEmail": "false",
        "checkRules": "true",
        "passwordExpired": "0",
        "buildUserMap": "true",
        "importsavconnect": "false",
        "exporttosavcloud": "false",
        "userDefaultSavRole": "ROLE_SAV_ENDUSER",
        "userReconcillationField": "username"
    }
}

yogesh_0-1697621184734.png

Is there something wrong with my call?

4 REPLIES 4

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @yogesh ,

Greetings.

Did you just try with mandatory parameters ?? 

Also can you let us know what is the behavior when the job is run from UI job control panel ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thanks for your reply pruthvi

I followed this document:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter10-Job-Control-Panel/Adding-...

It doesn't state what parameters are mandatory and what are optional, not does it state what the values are supposed to be for enumerated parameters. I prepared this call by rummaging through the saviynt logs and the qrtz_triggers table.

When running the trigger from UI the job just works fine. All the parameters have been specified in saviynt UI and saved in the trigger in job control panel. The values I'm using are the same that I found in the qrtz_triggers table.

I even tried calling the api without the valuemap hoping it would run the trigger with the values specified in saviynt job control panel but that doesn't work either.

This should be documented straight forward in the docs but isn't unfortunately. I have given a feedback on the docs above but I know it would take some time to get updated hence I was checking here on forums.

• RUn Job from UI & check in browser which parameters needs to be sent to API. It worked fir me
  • rushikeshvartak_0-1698286283811.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@yogesh ,

Below is our Postman API documentation and it has details about the APIs, their mandatory and optional parameters etc.,

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9XxwutWR#b5945df7-71a6-4682-9d36-3c5c4ecc02f0

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi