Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Unable to get a query working in Workflows

Sharma
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am writing a workflow condition where it should check if the request was submitted by the manager of the user for the user. I am using the below query:

requestedby.username = user.manager

Each time I submit the request, Saviynt crashes out. Is there some other way I can get this to work.

8 REPLIES 8

indra_hema_95
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Sharma Can you please explain what is the use case of it? If you need that to auto approve if the manager is the requestor, then that is already being handled by saviynt if anything else please let me know.

Regards,

Indra

Sharma
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @indra_hema_95 , The use case is that suppose A is the manager of B and A requests some access for B, then it should not go to the manager, instead it should go to the 2nd level(Entitlement Owner). But is someone else apart from A requests access for B, including B, it should go to the manage(A) for approval and then to the 2nd level(Entitlement Owner). I just need a query to check if the requester was the manager of that user or not.

Let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks!

• Please share workflow wiring screenshot including workflow type

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

indra_hema_95
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Sharma That is being handled by saviynt automatically. You don't need to do any extra configuration for that. Just test it once and let me know. If you need any further assistance I will provide.

Regards,

Indra 

Below will be logic

• requestedby.username = user.manager
  • if else block true then send to access approval ( ent owner approval)
  • false - send to manager approval block

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Please share workflow wiring screenshot including workflow type
  • Share logs if request is failed to submit

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @Sharma , saviynt handles it automatically so

If B is the manager of A and B submits a request and it flows to B itself as a first level approver it will be autoapproved.

Amit_Malik
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Sharma ,

requestedby.username = user.manager

Single = is an assignment operator i.e , it will try to assign value. It is not a operator that is used to compare object.

You can use == , or eq , these will compare two objects.

If you are trying to autoapprove using above condition, Saviynt does that ootb. If you are doing something else, then use above operators and not =.

Kind Regards,
Amit Malik
If this helped you move forward, please click on the "Kudos" button.
If this answers your query, please select "Accept As Solution".