Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Triggering an update account task for a service account based on another service account's owners

Sampsa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Is there any way to trigger an update account task for a service account if there are any changes to the owners of a service account in another endpoint?

We have service accounts for a SAP endpoint and AD endpoint that always match so that when we create a new AD service account then a new service account for the SAP endpoint is also created. This is already working. We can also write the AD account owners to the "FUNCTION" field of the SAP account during account creation, but the problem is that we can't keep that information up to date if the AD account owners change. We can't even do a comparison of the owners with an analytic, since the SAP function field is not imported by the OOTB connector.

Any suggestions on how this could be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Sampsa,

For the  service accounts, You can use the actionable analytics to update account with ACCOUNTTYPE = 'Service Account'.
However, you wont be able to handle the function field. Maybe you can consider using other attributes instead of the function.
Also, if the owners of the two endpoint accounts are different, you can use the map account owner action to directly assign the correct owner.

For Ref: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v24x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importing-... 

Thanks.
Sudesh

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Hi Sudesh,

Can I use an actionable analytic to detect that the account owners have changed? I don't see any way to do this. There might be multiple owners for an account. Also, I don't think you can remove an owner with actionable analytics?

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Sampsa,

I dont thinks it currently feasible to use analytics for your use case.

Thanks

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".