Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Transport Packages - Transfer Environment

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have two separate environments: A& B 

I'm trying to export a package from Environment A to Environment B using the transfer directly function.

I've been following the steps to configure a target environment laid out in this guide: Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Additional-Configurations

I have configured the following:

• In Environment A,  a user with the sav role ROLE_ADMIN and a set of valid credentials
  • In Environment B, a transport environment targeting Environment A's URL  
    http://environmenta.saviyntcloud.com​

When I try to export a package from Environment B and chose Environment A as the target environment. I get the below error:

AliW_0-1712585178549.png

I've checked the logs and there is no further information about the error. I also tried changing the URL to  

https://environmenta.saviyntcloud.com

But this has made no difference either.

Can I get some assistance with this please?

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to break the example links.]

16 REPLIES 16

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you share logs. Does B environment is credentials based and not sso enabled ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Both environments are SSO-enabled. I made the user in Environment A to work as an API user with LocalAuthEnabled = 1

Thanks,

@AliW my assumption is the user used may not have been setup successfully.

Refer this post for setting up the user and reqd permission :

Solved: Creating API Service User while SSO is enabled - Saviynt Forums - 61877

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Manu269 ,

I think that I've configured the user correctly to be an API user because I can make an API call to  ECM/api/login successfully and get the bearer token

Share screenshot of both environment showing localauth enabled 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Are you suggesting that there's a configuration option localauthenabled set at the environment level? Where can I find this?

As far as I am aware, I thought that localauthenabled is set at the user level, which is what I have at the moment. We also have SSO-enabled on both environments.

show from data analyzer that user is local auth enabled 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

The localAuthEnabled column is hidden in the users table as far as I can see but I can confirm that the user has localAuthEnabled via postman.

AliW_2-1712736738555.png

Also to confirm: I can indeed authenticate using its credentials via the API:

AliW_1-1712736689236.png

Please validate environment name and URL in global configs

rushikeshvartak_0-1712805722911.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

I've tried the following:

AliW_0-1712823065415.png

I've also tried using http://xxx.saviyntcloud.com as per the steps in the documentation and it is also unsuccessful.

AliW_1-1712823160489.png

Does reverse working such environment B to A

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak,

The reverse does not work.

Could you provide the exact steps and guidelines to get this working please? I have already followed the steps in the documentation but it does not seem complete.

Just tested its working change url to https://domain.com/ECM

rushikeshvartak_0-1712977097171.png

rushikeshvartak_1-1712977122680.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Thanks - adding /ECM seems to be doing something.

I've been doing some testing and tried transferring packages between two environments in both directions.

I successfully transferred a package from Environment A to Environment B but I could not get it working from Environment B to A. We've had Environment A whitelisted with a set of IP ranges whereas Environment B has yet to be.

It seems like different environments may not be automatically whitelisted with each other. Is this already known?

This is n/w related concern you can raise support ticket. for me its working both ways.

Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answered your original question.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Is this resolved ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak