Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Technical rule advanced config query - How to compare a string containing a quote

glegault
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to configure a Technical Rule that is currently failing because the department name contains a single quote. 

Départment name example: Département de l'infrastructure

In Data Analyzer testing, if I replace the single quotes around the name with double quotes it fixes the problem but it gives me an error trying something similar in Technical Rules / Advanced Config query.

a.departmentname like "%Département de l'infrastructure%"

glegault_0-1716389138373.png

How can we successfully do this in Technical rule advanced config? At first I was trying without advanced config but I noticed it was not working. This is why I am now trying with advanced config.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

You can escape the special characters. Below document for your reference:

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/community-knowledge-base/how-to-escape-special-characters-in-endpoint-...

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@glegault : Advanced query in backed uses HQL so please use condition as below and see if that works

a.departmentname like '%Département de l''infrastructure%'

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

glegault
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Saathvik,

Thank you very much this is working fine now!

I had also tried putting the required quote between quotes like this but it was not working. I was close... 🙂 Thank you!

a.departmentname like '%Département de l'''infrastructure%'