Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

SystemUserName change

indra_hema_95
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi,

We have created systemusername generation rule like firstname.lastname now if the user's first name or last name changes we want the systemusername to be modified accordingly. But it is not happening. Can we update systemusername in saviynt in case of name change?

Regards,

Indranil

11 REPLIES 11

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @indra_hema_95 ,

Please refer this article: Update systemusername and email when there is a ch... - Saviynt Forums - 14999

• The proposed solution is custom jar
  • Code calls Saviynt API's to update systemusername (even uniqueness can be handled)
  • Sample JAR attached

If this helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Hi @PremMahadikar this sample jar file doesn't have any main method in it. How can we convert this file into jar?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can create user update rule and call user update task >> call update user rest api

Refer Saviynt API Documentation https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/API-Reference-Guide/page/Content/API-References.htm

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

By this method the uniqueness can be handled? 

You can call getuser api and validate unique ness 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@indra_hema_95 ,

Yes, you can handle! Please check the link which I shared above. The solution also includes to check uniqueness.

Update systemusername and email when there is a ch... - Saviynt Forums - 14999

Highlighting:

Sample API call to check the uniqueness of the systemUserName

API Call: Get List of Users

URL: {{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/user?q=accountExpired:0&fields=firstname,lastname,username&sort=username&order=desc&offset=2&max=2

PremMahadikar_0-1716793202458.png

Once you have the unique systemUserName generated, you can use the updateUser API to update the systemUserName.

If this helps, please select Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

@indra_hema_95 ,

If the above solution helps, please select Accept As Solution for the reply/replies that best answered your questions.

Hi @PremMahadikar , I am testing it currently as you suggested. If it solves the problem I will definitely accept it as solution. Thank you.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@indra_hema_95  Did you tested scenario with java code or directly calling to API call?

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

indra_hema_95
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I was trying with API call, haven't tried Java yet.