Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

System Username Generation Rule by using create user form dynamic attributes

sxm1067
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a use case where I need to generate a system username by using the create user form dynamic attributes.

There are 3 fields (dynamic attributes) - "extfirstName", "extlastName" & "extmiddleName". These are of type String and the requestor can type any value in these fields.

I have tried the below approache but it is not working:

concat(SUBSTRING(${extfirstName},1,1),SUBSTRING(${extmiddleName},1,1),SUBSTRING(${extlastName},1,1))

I am using the above query in the Global Configurations --> Onboarding: Creation: System Username Generation Rule --> Add new rule --> Advanced config.

Also I want to append a random numeric value after the (first letter of firstname, middlename, lastname).

For example :

extfirstName is Sujata

extmiddleName is Mohan

extlastName is Patel

Then it should generate a system username like smp1.

Regards,

Sujata

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

concat(
lower(SUBSTRING(${extfirstName}, 1, 1)),
lower(SUBSTRING(${extmiddleName}, 1, 1)),
lower(SUBSTRING(${extlastName}, 1, 1)),
rand(0, 9)
)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sxm1067
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I tried the above query but the variable - ${extfirstName} is not even fetching the data.

Regards,

Sujata

Onboarding: Creation: System Username Generation Rule --> Add new rule --> Advanced config.

will be 

concat(lower(SUBSTRING(firstname, 1, 1)), lower(SUBSTRING(middlename, 1, 1)), lower(SUBSTRING(lastname, 1, 1)), rand(0, 9))

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @sxm1067 ,

Are you storing these dynamic attribute values to respective user attributes?

extfirstNameuser column - firstname
extlastNameuser column - lastname
extmiddleName user column - middlename

If yes, could you please try the below code in System Username Generation Rule --> Add new rule --> Advanced config.

concat(lower(SUBSTRING(firstName,1,1)),lower(SUBSTRING(middleName,1,1)),lower(SUBSTRING(lastName,1,1)),rand(0,9))

If this reply answers your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit kudos.