Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Suggestion for a design - REST Connector

Vedanth-BK
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello All ,

Requesting your expertise for a design when onboarding a REST- based application 

The application has two entitlement types (Profile and Role). The end user must be able to add and remove both so we will need add and remove access JSON.

Let's assume we have profiles (P1, P2, P3.....Pn) and roles (r1, r2, r3, r4, r5......rn) entitlement values.

One Profile can have multiple roles example P1 can have r1, r2 r3 and P2 has r2, r3, r4. the end use must be able to add a profile along with roles and also must be able to remove roles from a Profile thought of using the dynamic attribute for one of the entitlement types, but removal of that particular entitlement type will not be feasible. I do have any relation mapping between profile and roles. Need your suggestions to handle adding and removing access. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Below is the API call to add a profile and role command 

curl --location --request PUT 'https://##########.com/v1/iam/access/request' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer e******' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '[
  {
    "firstName": "Trpe",
    "lastName": "Arbelski",
    "emailId": "trpe.arbelski@###.com",
    "Profile": [
      {
        "name": "profile-custom-srv-acc-smstool",
        "ROLE": [
          {
            "id": "RT7890"
          }
        ],
        "id": "4bc711c6-e963-4589-908a-c4d8b8546b19"
      }
    ],
    "createIfNotExists": false
  }
]'

Thanks in advance 

Thank you
Vedanth B.K
If you find my response helpful and it works, Hit the 'Kudos' button and accept it as a solution!!
5 REPLIES 5

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Vedanth-BK 

Have you considered composing these entitlements into a role?

Role 1 will have profile P1 and roles r1,r2,r3. 

Role 2 will have profile p2 and roles r2,r3,r4. 

Let me know if you have already considered this approach and came across any limitations.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Vedanth-BK
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

hello @naveenss thanks for the response.. P1 can have n number of roles. The total number of roles will be 1000+ and there is no constant set 

Thank you
Vedanth B.K
If you find my response helpful and it works, Hit the 'Kudos' button and accept it as a solution!!

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Vedanth-BK is it possible to pass a empty role?

Vedanth-BK
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

No, the API fails if the role is not passed along with Profile 

Thank you
Vedanth B.K

• You need to create permutation and combination of role + profile using REST API

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.