Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Show Entitlements Based on Account Naming Convention

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My endpoint has both regular accounts and privileged accounts managed.

Let's say we have a user trying to request access for endpoint A, they can choose which account they want to modify (Privileged account - adm.xxxxx / normal account - xxxxx) in the application.

When account name starts with adm.xxxx, I want to show specific entitlements and when account name doesn't contain adm. then I need to show specific entitlements.

How can I retrieve the account name chosen by the user? Do we have any binding variable to use in Entitlement type requestable config?

-Siva

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does same user have 2 accounts 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Yes, @rushikeshvartak !

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Sivagami , we too had this use case. We asked application team to define which entitlements are requestable for admin accounts (4 types of admin accounts ) and which are not. They are storing that information during group creation in an attribute which we import .  We have 4 types of admin accounts and one personal. A dynamic attribute that asks them to select which type of account they are requesting and used that in filtering.

If there is a mismatch meaning user did mistake in selecting type of account - rejecting request in workflow and notify / explain reason in email and ask them to raise again.

If there is a better way , might help us as well but that is what we did.

Thanks,

Amit

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Below is solution 

• Create Dynamic attribute with below query
  • Use Entitlement customproperty to store entitlement should be visible for Priv/normal account

rushikeshvartak_0-1708544612548.png

Query : select case when name like 'adm%' then 'Privileged' else 'Normal' end as id from accounts where accountkey in (select ${accounts} as id )

rushikeshvartak_1-1708544632754.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello. I tried this and I couldn't get it to work. In my scenario I have two users, johnson and johnson.test, both trying to request Ent_A in Test_Endpoint. I only want Ent_A to show for users with .test in their account name. In Ent_A customproperty1 I added "Privileged" as the variable to help define whether it should be shown or not. I replicated your steps from the screen shots, while modifying the query to say name LIKE '%.test', but it did not work. Both users are able to request Ent_A.