Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Sending Email/Account Password to Delegates

Mahak_Acharya
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

We have a usecase where upon account creation, the password for the account should be sent to the user's manager and in the absense of the manager, it should be sent to the manager's delegate.

We were unable to find the binding variable that could send the email to the manager's delegate.

Thanks,

Mahak

5 REPLIES 5

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I appreciate you reaching out to the Saviynt forums.

Saviynt provides a set of predefined binding variables that can be used in Email Templates.

For your reference, I am attaching the bindingvariable list document link.

Link:-https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2021x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Crea... 

Please let me know if further information is needed on this.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

We have similar use case where we need to notify manager/delegate if manager has active delegate as part of disabling the user on no logon activity for certain period.

How we achieved is we used inline preprocessor and during that process we are validating if user have an active delegate if so we are mapping that active delegate to secondary manager of that user otherwise not and in email template we are checking if user has secondary manager then including secondary manager otherwise only to manager.

We used this approach as we don't see any variable available directly for delegate unless you are configuring delegate email.

Hope you can use similar logic to achieve your use case

Below is the link on inline preprocessor

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter03-User-Management/User-Impo...

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Mahak_Acharya
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Saathvik,

Could you please tell me what binding variable you have used for secondary manager attribute.

Regards,

Mahak

user.secondaryManager

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Mahak_Acharya
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you!