Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Account Correlation rule with AD Import

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi Team - 

I am seeing an issue with the User Account Correlation rule with AD Account Import. The import is bringing all the AD accounts but not syncing it with the respective user identities. I am simply mapping username=name. Below are the configurations I have. I do not find much details in the logs about it too? Can someone please advise if it is missing anything ? the username and name are the same values for all users

Shiva_Prasad_M_0-1679497953108.png

ACCOUNT_ATTRIBUTE:

[
name::danaher-SharedServices-EmployeeID#String,
DISPLAYNAME::displayName#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY1::CN#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY2::sn#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY3::givenName#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY4::sAMAccountName#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY5::distinguishedName#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY6::danaher-SharedServices-EmployeeStatus#String,
CUSTOMPROPERTY7::objectGUID#Binary,
UPDATEDATE::whenChanged#date,
CREATED_ON::whenCreated#date,
ACCOUNTCLASS::objectClass#String,
ACCOUNTID::distinguishedName#String,
RECONCILATION_FIELD::CUSTOMPROPERTY7
]

STATUS_THRESHOLD_CONFIG:

{
"statusAndThresholdConfig": {
"statusColumn": "customproperty6",
"activeStatus": ["Active", "On Leave"],
"deleteLinks": true,
"accountThresholdValue": 1000,
"correlateInactiveAccounts": true,
"inactivateAccountsNotInFile": true
}
}

4 REPLIES 4

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In the logs for AD import job, can you look for the string Associating Users and Accounts. 

2022-08-08 13:59:34,365 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - Associating Users and Accounts

Regards,
Sahil

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@SB thank you for the response. Below is the logs info. Looks like it is not correlating any of the accounts with its identities. Please can you advise. 

shivmano_0-1679547319197.pngshivmano_1-1679547342176.png

2023-03-22/10:14:09.681 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - Associating Users and Accounts
2023-03-22/10:14:10.415 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - Orphan Accounts- 14466
2023-03-22/10:14:10.415 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - Rule: (users.username) = accounts.name
2023-03-22/10:14:10.415 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - sql =
SELECT USERS.USERKEY AS USERKEY, ACCOUNTS.ACCOUNTKEY AS ACCOUNTKEY FROM ACCOUNTS ACCOUNTS
LEFT JOIN USER_ACCOUNTS UA ON ACCOUNTS.ACCOUNTKEY = UA.ACCOUNTKEY
LEFT JOIN USERS USERS ON
(users.username) = accounts.name
WHERE ACCOUNTS.ENDPOINTKEY = 8 AND ACCOUNTS.STATUS IN ('Active','InActive','1','Manually Provisioned','2','SUSPENDED FROM IMPORT SERVICE','Manually Suspended')
AND ACCOUNTS.ACCOUNTKEY IS NOT NULL AND UA.ACCOUNTKEY IS NULL
AND ACCOUNTS.NAME IS NOT NULL AND USERS.USERNAME IS NOT NULL

2023-03-22/10:14:10.659 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - Total accounts to be correlated = 0
2023-03-22/10:14:10.660 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - User-accounts correlated: 0
2023-03-22/10:14:10.928 [{}] [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG saviynt.ImportExternalDbService - Orphan Accounts remaining- 14466

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@SB I am also observing that the status values is null for the accounts probably due to which it is not satisfying the correlation query. Here is what I see for a sample user. 

shivmano_0-1679553916077.png

But customproperty 6 has 'Active' for this user and we are setting the status using this as per the status_threshold config. Any reason why it would fail to update the status ?

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

We found out that the issue was due to some duplicate entries that existed in the system that was causing the issue to set the status of other accounts. Thank you