Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Saviyntapp in SNOW - Import Saviynt users mandatory

GSR
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

We are implementing SaviyntApp in SNOW , where request will be raised from SNOW and approvals happen in SNOW. Saviynt act as Access fulfilment tool.

SNOW get all user data from AD.

Question: During implementing SaviyntApp on SNOW,  is it mandatory to pull all user attributes to SNOW under ServiceNow Tables to Store Saviynt App Data (Example: x_saviy_iga_user). is it possible to pull certain user attributes?

Concern: Client concern is why to pull all user data again from Saviynt as SNOW already has same under SYS_user table. Space concern.

3 REPLIES 3

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I appreciate you reaching out to the Saviynt forums.

When implementing SaviyntApp in SNOW, it is not mandatory to pull all user attributes from AD to SNOW. You can select which user attributes you want to pull from AD and store in the ServiceNow tables for Saviynt App data, such as the x_saviy_iga_user table.

You can configure the SaviyntApp to only pull the necessary user attributes that are required for access fulfillment in Saviynt. This can be done by modifying the mapping configuration between SNOW and Saviynt.

Regarding the client concern about space, pulling all user data again from Saviynt may result in duplicate data and additional storage requirements. To address this concern, you can configure the mapping between SNOW and Saviynt to only store the necessary user attributes in the ServiceNow tables. Additionally, you can consider implementing data retention policies to manage the amount of data stored in the tables over time.

In summary, it is possible to pull only certain user attributes when implementing SaviyntApp in SNOW, and it is recommended to only store the necessary user attributes to minimize storage requirements.

For your reference, I have attached links to the documentation

Link:-https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/ServiceNow-v2020x/page/Content/ServiceNow-as-a-Managed-Applicat... 

Link:-https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/ServiceNow-v2022x/page/Content/Understanding-the-Integration-Be... 

Please let us know if further information is needed on this.

GSR
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I could not find option/settings to restrict to pull certain data in SNOW, can you please help me.

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Sudheer,

Apologies for the confusion, The intent was to inform you that user mapping customization is already part of our roadmap. However, This functionality is only available for internal testing and is not part of the current GA release. I have created an Idea in the ideas portal for you to track the updates and will also be notified once this feature is available in the future release.
https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4377