Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

RULEACTIONFAILED when trying to remove a SAV_ROLE

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

SAV_ROLE_ENDUSER was assigned originally and we now want to replace with a cloned version, removing the original role from identities.

We used a user update rule to get this done:

flegare_1-1686181634963.png

We were able to remove the role from 350 identities but when trying to apply to subsequent users is triggering a failure.  There is no significant difference between the first 305 successful users and the remaining active suers base...

No exception or error reported in the logs, simply the following:

flegare_0-1686181582896.png

Any suggestions as to where I should start looking to troubleshoot this?

Thank you , any help is appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @flegare,

It can be challenging to predict the exact problem without a log. I kindly ask you to re-execute the user update rule for the remaining user and make sure to record the log.

Thanks, 

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @sudeshjaiswal 

Sorry for the delay in responding, last week has been intense.  I was able to regenerate the error and extracted two minutes of logs where the error should be.  I just cannot understand what it is or how to find it.

Thanks again for your assistance, it is much appreciated!

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @flegare,

Was the task getting created? As I don't see much relevant information in the logs.

If this is a one-time activity, you can also use actionable analytics.

Thanks,

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @sudeshjaiswal ,

No, the task is not being created.  Nothing happens past the point of rule action failed.

Thanks,

François

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @flegare,

Please let us know if you tried using actionable analytics for your use case.

Thanks,

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

This was for a one-time operation.  Actionable Analytics seemed overkill for our need.  We were able to circumvent and assign the role in a different fashion

Dave
Community Manager
Community Manager

To help others with a similar situation, what was the solution you used for your use case? 

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Different user update rule using different identity attributes to get triggered.  Somehow ended up working.  Wish I could explain better what happened but given the lack of troubleshooting capabilities, I have to sum it up to : God only knows