Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

ROLE_TASKADMIN SAVROLE unable to view tasks details

PKSAKS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We have created ROLE_TASKADMIN to view the pending and completed tasks. We are able to access all the features of the Tasks except when we click on the action==>View then below Operation not allowed screen appears. Please help us with what we are missing here.

I have also attached all the features of the SAV Roles.

Sakshampal_0-1702021054267.pngSakshampal_1-1702021061463.png

Sakshampal_2-1702021227158.png

[This message has been edited by moderator to mask sensitive info]

16 REPLIES 16

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Provide below features & if issue still exists then from browser console check network logs for which url is giving 403 error

rushikeshvartak_0-1702096411421.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi
I have the same issue like @PKSAKS , I have "Completed Tasks" and "Pendind Tasks" on my feature list SAV_Role.
URL which opens when clicked "view" on particalar tasks gives me response code "302 (Not found)"

https://xxxx.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/workflowmanagement/viewtaskdetails/1111?obj2=1111&_=17345034530

and then I'm redirected to 

https://xxxx.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/login/unauthorized

Which gives me screen with red text saying "Operation not allowed".
Do you have any ideas?

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@mateusz_pluta -

Can you try giving "Home" access to the SAVRole.?

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Hi
@Rajesh-R I already had a "Home" access in this SAVRole.

Home feature have  /workflowmanagement/** URL have access hence it should work

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @PKSAKS 

Could you please confirm if the issue still exists based on the above suggestions? 

Do you have Pending Tasks, Completed Tasks and Home in SAV Role feature list?

Please confirm.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

PKSAKS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S,

I have tried adding HOME,PENDING TASKS and COMPLETED Tasks but still no luck.

Regards,

Saksham

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @PKSAKS 

Thanks for the update. Could you please check and confirm what is the behavior if the logged in user is endpoint owner for which the task is created. 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

It seems your issue is similar like this from v23.12 release notes

SS-6581

When a user with the ROLE_SAV_ENDUSER SAV role tries to complete tasks from the Pending Tasks list page, the system displays the following error message: ‘Unauthorized: Access is denied.’

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

PKSAKS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@Dhruv_S I have tried with logged in user as endpointpoint owner too but no luck.

Regards,

Saksham

@PKSAKS : We noticed this issue in v23.10 whereas end user role won't be able to complete the task or click on view details using Action button on each task which is accepted as bug and we were told that it is fixed in v23.11.

sk_0-1704722259062.png

But looking at your response it is not yet fixed even in v23.11 as well but same is listed as fixed in v23.11 and v23.12 as well so I even doubt v23.12 is fixing it. You may have to check by upgrading to v23.12 or open a support ticket to get confirmation.

Incase if you trying to complete the task, as a workaround you can complete the task using Action on top right corner instead of using it from individual line item.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @PKSAKS 

As suggested in the comments above, please try post upgrade to 23.12 and let us know if you still face issues.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

sk
All-Star
All-Star

@PKSAKS : Were you able to validate this issue in latest version as suggested?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Its working in v24.1 I have validated

rushikeshvartak_0-1706212443346.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

We are still getting the operation not allowed while viewing the task even tho we are on v24.1

Please share sav role config 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak