Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role Email Notification

ewalton
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, I could use a little guidance with emails and ARS. 

Scenario: I log into ARS and request access to an enterprise role for another user. Once the role is approved a task is created to provision the entitlement. I would Saviynt to send an email to the user I requested the role for "After" the entitlement has bee provisioned.

Can you provide instructions on how to do this? I am using the task complete email template in the workflow. Is this correct? If so do I address the user email with ${users?.email} ?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

In global configuration task completion email template 

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Thank you for your help. The Role has a workflow associated with it. Should I use the email template in the Role workflow for this? If I configure it globally, wouldn't it sent an email every time a task was completed? I am only want to send an email when a specific role has been provisioned. 

Thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated!

You can have if conditions on to 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.