PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners Click HERE | EMEA/APJ Click HERE

REST Connector - All Entitlements as input

Amar_Simha
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where in the API Payload expects all the available entitlements as input to the API call when the user adds or removes role from ARS.

Eg - user has abc, xyz roles and requests bde role then [abc, xyz,bde] should be the payload.

from ARS, I believe we can retrieve only the requested role and not the existing ones. Is there any option to achieve this.? Appreciate your inputs.

This is also required in case of entitlement removal from ARS as well. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/community-knowledge-base/rest-conn-retain-existing-entitlements-and-on...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Amar_Simha
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks @rushikeshvartak , We might not have a API which returns all roles for an user. Is there a way we can utilize Saviynt DB via REST connector to retrieve existing roles?

No. But you can use saviynt REST using other application connection keeping multiple connections in connection json and multiple calls in other jsons 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Amar_Simha
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks @rushikeshvartak  for the update. Since we have to send array list as input, does REST connector support the functions required to build that list based on response from 1st call? What I mean is.

1. We make Saviynt REST call to pull the existing roles

2. We have to build array list to add the newly requested role.

3. We have make another call to push the changes. 

My query is do we have any supported functions to achieve step 2? Please advise.

Yes you can use java function to prepare array list

Refer https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/common-questions-around-using-groovy-functions-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak