Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Query - Workday RAAS Full import without Created_Moment parameter during the first import

KP18
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a query regarding the integration of Workday RAAS full import with Saviynt. Our Workday team has created a RAAS report containing all the users, and we have configured the RAAS connection in Saviynt.

My question is: If we run the import job for the first time without specifying the "Created_Moment" parameter in the RAAS_Mapping_JSON, will it import all the users available in the RAAS report into Saviynt?

I would appreciate if anyone from the community has experience with this scenario and could provide guidance on the expected behavior. Specifically, I want to understand if omitting the "Created_Moment" parameter during the initial import will result in all users from the RAAS report being imported into Saviynt, or if there are any other considerations to keep in mind.

Regards,

KP

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Initial Import Behavior: If you run the import job for the first time without specifying the "Created_Moment" parameter in the RAAS_Mapping_JSON, Saviynt will likely interpret this as an indication to import all records from the RAAS report that meet any other configured filters (if applicable). This means all users available in the Workday RAAS report would be imported into Saviynt.

• Subsequent Imports: After the initial import, the "Created_Moment" parameter becomes crucial. It helps Saviynt identify new or updated records in subsequent import runs. By specifying "Created_Moment," you define a timestamp indicating that only records created or updated after this timestamp should be imported into Saviynt. This helps in incremental updates rather than re-importing all data each time.

Best Practice: It’s generally recommended to specify the "Created_Moment" parameter from the beginning, even during the initial import. This sets a good practice for incremental updates and ensures consistency in data synchronization between Workday and Saviynt.

•  
  •  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks Rushikesh.