Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

PGP Encryption for flat files

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi all,

We are looking for flat file based user import and customer would like to use encrypted CSV file. They prefer to use PGP encryption as well. Does Saviynt support decrypting the csv file if it was sent encrypted? if yes, what is the recommended way to decrypt using shell script (or any other means)

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Ideally user import file does not contain confidential import but if client provides data encrypted then we should be able to decrypt file using bash script or custom jar code & use for import

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Anyone has a sample script used for PGP decryption in Saviynt? The expectation is that PGP pubic key will be shared by Saviynt team for Encryption to the customer. 

Hello @shibinvpkvr,

I am not aware of Saviynt owning/supporting any encryption/decryption keys for user import process OOB. You could implement it using extensions (jars) to decrypt the encrypted files before processing but it would be a customization.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hello,

As per my understanding saviynt in the past use to assist and guide for development of custom jar and getting it deployed on Saviynt server. I am not sure if they still around the same.

I suggest to open Freshdesk ticket and do even let us know how this is being handled?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@avinashchhetri @Manu269 

We are in 5.5 version now. So the file import itself needed a shell script to be setup in Saviynt. (as I understand file push API is only available in v2021) so do you recommend to use a shell script for both file pull and decryption (if needed) or a custom jar ?

Considering future custom jar is good option so you don't need to work

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.