Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

notification email template

The_explorer
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello,
When it comes to notification email template for specific module such as in case of ARS, SoD or campaigns we have specific ternary operators in order to fetch the data which is processed during the specific action but when it comes to notification template in rules how can we call dynamic attribute such as username and their manager in these kind of templates?

Note: when we are creating an email template there is a help button which displays all the module and their methods. but how can we use these methods in an email template. What I mean is like for example: when I want to use one of the methods from Analytics module in an email template, how can I use it?

Thank You.

7 REPLIES 7

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @The_explorer 

If I understand your question correctly, do you mean how to decide which binding variable to use in the email template?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Yes. Also based on which circumstance we would use which binding variable? Like whether these binding variables are global or has any scope of usage?

Thanks.

@The_explorerit depends based on your requirement and the use case. For example, if you're using the analytics module and if you want to send the email notification with a copy of the analytics data, you must use ${ANALYTICSDATA} binding variable. 

Other sample use case, if you want to send an email to an end-user from the rules, then you should use ${user?.email}

First you need decide the trigger point for the email notification that helps you to pick the correct binding variable. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Thank you for the reply. I just have a small question. Let's say in one of the user update rule, I want to send a notification template to the manager of a newly created user notifying that he is added below him. In which case when we check the help section there are many binding variables which can be used to fetch the manager's email?

Thanks.

Diksha10_0-1690798062403.png

@The_explorer  in this case, you can use ${manager?.email}

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

Hi @The_explorer 

Please check below document where each binding variable for all the modules are listed.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Creati...

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Use below code in email template body to find out available variables 

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.