PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Need specific entitlements visible to specific users in the ARS/Request Access Page

gazanjum
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I am looking for a query to add to the 'Config for Requestable Entitlement in ARS' where the specific entitlements are visible to requestor based on user group he/she belongs to. For instance,

First Use case:

1. user1 logs in to Saviynt and he is part of usergroup1. He goes to Request New Access > Endpoint1.
  2. He should be able to see only Entitlement1 when he clicks ‘Add’> ‘AzureADGroup’

Second Use case:

1. user2 and user 3 logs in to Saviynt and he is part of user group2. He goes to Request New Access > Endpoint1(same).
  2. He should be able to see only Entitlement2 when he clicks ‘Add’> ‘AzureADGroup’

Third Use case:

1. user1 logs in to Saviynt and he is part of user group3. He goes to Request New Access > Endpoint1(same).
  2. He should be able to see only Entitlement3 when he clicks ‘Add’> ‘AzureADGroup’

Users could be part of more than 1 groups and would require to request multiple entitlements

This visibility of Entitlement should be proportional to which usergroup the user belongs to.

13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Follow below approch
    • Create Dynamic attribute on request form it will show user is part of which user group
    • based on dynamic attribute selected configure entitlement type query
    • make sure group name are stored in entitlement's custom property

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@rushikeshvartak Could you please help me with a base query

usgroups_users is table and ${user.id} to get end user accordingly you can prepare query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Already using this table to achieve use case 1 and use case 2, my issue is use case 3 where user is part of more than 1 group.

Then entitlement customproperty store multiple value & ent type query use FIND_IN_SET

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Can you please let me know under which tab we need to add dynamic attributes specifically for user and if you can help me with base query used to compare this dynamic attribute to achieve.

gazanjum
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @gazanjum ,

This should be easy - Try below

1. I have three user groups:
    User groupUser group key
    Usergroup17
    Usergroup28
    Usergroup39
  2. I have four users mapped to below user groups
    UsernameGroup Name
     Vikas_testUsergroup1,Usergroup2,Usergroup3
    Charlie_testUsergroup3
    Aravind_testUsergroup1,Usergroup2
    Michael_testUsergroup2
  3. I have three Azure AD entitlement:
    EntitlementCp8
    Azure AD Group1 (Ex: SuperAdmin)7
    Azure AD Group2 (Ex: ReadOnly)8
    Azure AD Group3 (Ex: ReadWrite)9
  4. If 1,2,3 is right, you don't require a dynamic attribute (DA) 
  5. Configure below query in endpoint->entitlementtype->Config for Requestable Entitlement in ARS
ev.customproperty8 IN (SELECT user_groupkey FROM Usergroup_users WHERE userkey = ${requestee})

Working preview:

PremMahadikar_0-1713651501624.png

PremMahadikar_1-1713651609780.png

In case DA should be visible for user to see which group he belongs to- You can just configure DA with below query, but don't change anything in above configurations.

Valueselect group_concat(ug.USER_GROUPNAME) as ID from user_groups ug, usergroup_users ugu where ug.USERGROUPKEY=ugu.USER_GROUPKEY and ugu.USERKEY=${user.id}

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Hi @PremMahadikar ,

Thank you for sharing it in a detailed manner. 😊

We have previously configured DA in the same manner as you have mentioned above as we were not able to find any other workaround 😅 and tried with DA however it is not a requirement for users to see which user group they belong.

I have a question on the above details:

We have also created a different query which helps us achieve the result if only 1 usergroup needs to be added to Entitlement

Our requirement is: If more than one user group should be able to see the same entitlement, how can we add more than one(like two or three) user_groupkey on the CustomProperty of single Entitlement? What changes are required in the below query of entitlement type to be able to read and compare more than 1 group from a single entitlement's Customproperty?

ev.customproperty8 IN (SELECT user_groupkey FROM Usergroup_users WHERE userkey = ${requestee})

Above query is working for multiple.

rushikeshvartak_1-1713722353893.png

rushikeshvartak_2-1713722369136.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

It is not working, I already tried it

I am part of 7 and not part of 9, however I am not able to see the entitlement at all. The Entitlement Type is AADGroup

gazanjum_0-1713722677771.pnggazanjum_1-1713722706553.png

gazanjum_2-1713722726643.png

The problem is it is reading whatever is the first value that is written in the CP of Entitlement. 

If I reverse it and write 7,9 instead of 9,7 it will show me the entitlement. This is not ideal when requestor is part of the second group and not the first. The flow should be that if the user is not part of 9, it should read the next value i.e., 7 in CP and if user is part of 7, the entitlement should be visible. If the user is not part of 7 or 9 only then the Entitlement should not be visible at all, which is not happening here.

@rushikeshvartak 

FYR:

I am part of 7 but not part of 9, since 7 is added as first in the CP(7,9) it is showing me the Entitlement whereas as showcased above it when 9,7 is added in CP it does not show me the Entitlement.

gazanjum_3-1713723443776.png

gazanjum_4-1713723506900.png

Hi @rushikeshvartak , the same query couldn't help here has he wants to achieve user part of multiple groups and request multiple entitlements.

@gazanjum , I solved it like below:

You don't have to configure entitlements CP's now and even DA is not required, instead add entitlements inside the user group:

PremMahadikar_0-1713725980228.png

1. I have three user groups:
    User groupentitlement
    Usergroup1SuperAdmin
    Usergroup2ReadOnly, ReadWrite
    Usergroup3ReadWrite, SuperAdmin
  2. I have four users mapped to below user groups
    UsernameGroup Name
     Vikas_testUsergroup1,Usergroup2,Usergroup3
    Charlie_testUsergroup3
    Aravind_testUsergroup1,Usergroup2
    Michael_testUsergroup2,Usergroup3
  3. Configure below query in endpoint->entitlementtype->Config for Requestable Entitlement in ARS
ev.id IN (SELECT uge.entitlement_valuekey FROM Usergroup_users ugu, Usergroup_entitlements uge WHERE uge.user_groupkey=ugu.user_groupkey and ugu.userkey = ${requestee})

Working preview:

PremMahadikar_1-1713726237608.png

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos